Birthday Musings



"There are two great days in a person's life, the day we are born and the day we discover why"- William Barclay



In the past I have found my birthdays to be depressing and disappointing. I had a penchant for over analyzing and being overly critical of my accomplishments or lack there of. I counted my disappointments instead of my triumphs, my losses instead of my wins, my failures instead of my success. I was in a race against time for reasons I do not remember. I wanted to be a perfect successful being. I had goals and I wanted them within the certain time I had planned in my head.
Then God laughed and he has been laughing ever since.

He has taught me that perfection is elusive, cannot be attained and that in itself is why we are human. I realized life happens and we either stand up and fight through or get trampled on. I still have goals and I am still determined to get them but I am more realistic. I am more thankful and I am more patient with myself. I learned to let go and let God. It still is the hardest part of my existence but I am happier because of that.

I am one year older, one year wiser (believe it or not) and more confident as a person and in the knowledge that I know who I am and who I want to be. And that is enough.

I am thankful for family, for good health and for you reading this, letting me share with you a part of who I am. I truly am.





















Photography|| Melissa Ferrara

 ::Outfit::

 Dress:: Express

Jacket:: Similar

Necklace:: T&J