50 Shades of Grey:: Jumpsuit + Oversized Coat



 Hi Everyone!

There is so much hype about the movie 'Fifty Shades of Grey" coming out on February 14th. As you can imagine there is a feverent excitement about what is definitely an intense and smoldering hot and sexy movie.

Personally, I couldn't be more blasé about it. However, the total appeal of this movie is not completely lost on me. Maybe it is because I have had my fill of semi- erotic romantic books since I was a teenager. Studying at my desk for hours didn't only include intense revision and simulation of biochemistry textbooks (sorry Mum).
 Or perhaps it is because I don't find being domineered by anyone very exciting under any circumstances. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I couldn't get over the awkward gawkiness of sweet Anna. Who knows, maybe I would like the book more when I'm done reading it but I am definitely curious about the movie. Just how far would they go?

Nevertheless, when you have two sisters who are crazy about the book, it is hard not to take up  the opportunity for some bonding over the good looks and immaculate dress code depicted of Christian Grey. A powerful man who supposedly has refined class and taste, oozing with understated sex appeal and confidence.

 Sometimes, I would wonder "what if Christian Grey was a woman"? An all encompassing woman with power and unapologetic style. In my reveries, I would imagine she would probably wear something like this.
Thoughts?

 About the Look


Going for a refined and classy grey monochromatic look, I paired a classic jumpsuit with an over sized coat. Rolling up the sleeves of an over sized coat is a small trick I use to prevent the coats from appearing too big. Silver metallic pumps and minimal jewelry complete this look.



















Photography|| Melissa Ferrara

::Outfit::
Jumpsuit:: Topshop

Coat:: Rachel Roy (sold out) similar

::Acessories::
Pumps:: Shoe Dazzle (old) Same here

Clutch:: Prabal Gurung for Target (old)

Bangles:: Marlees by Tappers and here